E-Payment & E-Debit Payment
● TRANSACTION/CARD TYPE:
○ For B2B (Outbound), where Mainland B pays International B
○ For Passive C2B (Outbound), where International B collects from Mainland C
○ For B2B (Inbound), where International B pays Mainland B
○ For B2C (Inbound), where International B pays Mainland C
○ For CUP Debit Card, Deposit book / Business Accounts only. No credit cards.
○ Merchant collects required payment documents from customer/another
merchant --> Merchant logs on E-Payment & E-Debit Platform with USB
Key --> Merchant records payment information for inbound/outbound
transaction --> Merchant approves payment transaction --> Payment
● BACKGROUND/INTEGRATION :
○ Merchant needs to register for USB Key(s), can segregate duties between transaction Maker, Approver, and Admin.
○ Merchant has the choice to access Axepay's platform to initiate payment request, or integrate E-payment/debit functions onto their own website. The former is more popular as it only requires a USB Key to launch service.
○ Required documents required to be collected by Merchant before initiating payment request are:
■ For B2B transactions (Outbound & Inbound) & B2C (Inbound):
● The contract supporting the transaction amount, nature,
authenticity, and Recipient merchant's bank account information
● Other useful documents (i.e. logistic docs)
● Recipient merchant's company registration documents (BR, CI, etc.)
■ For Passive C2B (Outbound):
● Signed Direct Debit Authorization Form
● Copy of Mainland customer's ID
● Copy of CUP bankcard
○ Merchant / Axepay will have access to a backend platform ("E-Payment & E-Debit Platform") to record/approve/track transactions, and generate
cross-border declarations for PBOC to cross-border.
● TRANSACTION LIMITS :
○ E-payment/debit payment limit: RMB 500,000 per transaction, RMB 5 million per month
○ Cross-border limits:
■ For B2B (Outbound) & B2B (Inbound): RMB 200K per day for goods trade, RMB 1 mil for service trade
■ For Passive C2B (Outbound) & B2C (Inbound): RMB 200K per day
○ Cross-border limits:
■ Since e-payment/debit limit is generally larger than cross-border limit, may require multiple settlements across different days.
■ Merchant can apply to increase cross-border limit by providing sufficient documentation for PBOC to prove large transaction is
real. For example, for a large-amount B2B transaction, the merchant provides comprehensive company and transaction documents and deduct and cross-border RMB 1 mil+ on a single settlement.
Transaction limits for each type of payment are subject to change, based on PBOC's policies and merchant's industry. Always confirm transaction limits when inquiring about a new merchant.